Sunday, March 7, 2010

My First Week Of Paleo Eating...

Well, I made it and it wasn't that bad. Actually, I felt much better than normal all week. I even started to think I was just experiencing a mind trick.

I ate nothing (except for a couple instances) but meat, vegetables, fruit and nuts (almonds). I had a small tortilla and whatever sauce was in my wrap on Monday, then on Thursday I had some salad dressing and blue cheese. Besides that it was really clean eating.

My energy was way up, I felt great every morning (except the morning after the dressing,
by then I had felt deprived and was licking out of the
little cups). The weird thing, too me, was that I
never really felt hungry all week. I would get to
mid afternoon and would eat more food just cause
I hadn't eaten in a while.

I ate eggs, elk meat (thanks Franco), chicken breasts, apples, oranges, carrots, lettuce and almonds. I seasoned the meat and used salsa. I don't know where salsa falls but most the ingredients looked Paleo to me. I did not eat any breads, sugars or sweets of any kind.

There was temptations. The family ate two
pizzas one night and they definitively made my
mouth water. I wasn't sure if I wanted to have
a "cheat" day as I thought it would just make
me give up. However, for "experimental" reasons I decided to cheat today with a big bowl of ice cream. My wife asked, "Do you want these sauces on it too?" I said why not but I hope you know the number to 911. After 8 days I thought it might knock me out. It has made me fill sluggish but I don't feel like I lost control and I will continue the Paleo eating the rest of the day and again all week.

Bottom line. I lost 8 pounds, preformed my workouts better and generally felt great all week! So I am moving forward. I have read the books and the testimonies but I have never really put forth the effort until now but I think I cleared a hurtle. By the way, I am sure I saved money. I would usually eat so much more than I did this week.

Can't wait to report next week. Let me know if you have any questions or comments. Take a look at the links at the top to read more about Paleo eating and Zone eating.

Peace Out.

1 comment:

  1. K- I am going to try again! Monday's the day- Not sure if I can go strict Paleo--Good job by the way!

    ReplyDelete